|“||Asclepius? The God of Healing?||”|
Asclepius is the Olympian God of Healing and Medicine and a son of Apollo.
In Greek MythologyEdit
Asclepius (pronounced /æsˈkliːpiəs/; Greek Ἀσκληπιός Asklēpiós [askliːpiós]; Latin Aesculapius) is the god of medicine and healing in ancient Greek religion. Asclepius represents the healing aspect of the medical arts; his daughters are Hygieia ("Hygiene"), Iaso ("Medicine"), Aceso ("Healing"), Aglæa/Ægle ("Healthy Glow"), and Panacea ("Universal Remedy"). The rod of Asclepius, a snake-entwined staff, remains a symbol of medicine today, although sometimes the caduceus, or staff with two snakes, is mistakenly used instead. He was associated with the Roman/Etruscan god Vediovis. He was one of Apollo's sons. Asclepius was killed by Zeus' thunderbolt in mythology, with one of the reasons being the fact Asclepius was able to bring the dead back to life, something that Hades was unhappy with.
In God of War ComicsEdit
Asclepius is the god of medicine and the creator of Ambrosia, which is the cure to everything, that Kratos is, yet again, desperately searching for. The search takes Kratos to the Spire of Asclepius. Asclepius himself never appeared in the comics.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Asclepius had healing powers.
- He presumably possesses the standard powers of a god.
- Vitakinesis: As the god of medicine, Asclepius can manipulate and modify a person's anatomy, as well as restore the injured to near-instantaneous health. As revealed in Percy Jackson's Greek Gods, Asclepius is even more skilled in medicine than his father Apollo, most likely because he, unlike Apollo, devoted all of his time to it. Apollo himself admits this in The Blood of Olympus.
- Enhanced Healing: He can instantly heal almost any wounds at a quicker rate than even other gods, his father Apollo even admits that he is superior.
- Medical Omniscience: As seen in The Blood of Olympus, Asclepius is instantly able to discern a person's health status and history, as he was able to tell that Piper had broken her arm when she was six after falling off a horse, and that Jason had been recently injured by an Imperial Gold sword, that he had a mole on his left foot, and that he was short-sighted.
Asclepius was a skilled healer.
- He has great knowledge over medicine
- He can cure any injury
- Rod of Asclepius
Immortal Children Edit
- Vitellius (Lar)
- There is a labor with his name in the Multiplayer of God of War: Ascension. The "Health of Asclepius" is completed when the player receives a "100 Green Orb Fountain Fills".