|“||I never had to kill anything. She always did that part.||”|
–Atreus' training as a hunter.
Atreus is the son of Kratos and an unnamed woman.
Atreus was conceived between Greek Godslayer Kratos and an unknown woman. His past has not been extensively revealed, however it is implied that he and his mother lived without Kratos for a time, as Kratos himself is unsure of the boy's hunting ability and did not teach his son himself. Sometime later, Kratos returns. The whereabouts of the mother is unknown, however the way the pair speak of her imply that she is deceased.
Some time after his mother's presumed disappearance, Atreus begins learning to hunt and kill with his father Kratos. Kratos also teaches him to fight, the boy taking up an assist role with his electrified arrows. Unlike Kratos, Atreus is not a born killer and seems to hesitate at the prospect of ending a life, even a monster attacking his father. He is, however, willing to fight.
Weapons & Powers
- Bow - He wields a bow and, provided he isn't distracted, is an accurate archer.
- Electrokinesis - Likely a result of being the grandson of Zeus, he has some abilities over electricity, as he is seen charging an arrow with electricity before firing it on an enemy.
- Superhuman Stamina - He is able to run long distances through the forest while showing no signs of fatigue.
Atreus is a young boy with brown hair. He has light freckling on his face and his eyes are an icy blue. Like his father, his skin is deathly pale. It is unclear if this his natural pigmentation, if Kratos' curse carried over to his son, or for some other reason. He is dressed in leathers and hides of fur. He comes up to his father's hip, and looks to be around ten years of age.
- Atreus is the first child of Kratos to be born after the death of the Olympians Gods and not be born in Greece.
- He is aware of his father's status as a Demigod but is oblivious to his father's past.
- On June 14, 2016, during the Sony Livecast, Creative Director Cory Barlog confirmed that Charlie was not the final name of the character.