Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||I offer you the very blade I used to slay a Titan. Take this gift and use it to complete your quest.||”|
The Blade of Artemis is a large, curved blade, utilized with both hands, formerly used by the Goddess of the Hunt Artemis. She would then later bestow the weapon to Kratos during his journey to defeat Ares.
It was once used by Artemis to slay a Titan. Artemis gives it to Kratos shortly after he enters Pandora's Temple. Surrounded by raw energies, the blade is capable of piercing armor and can easily damage any enemy. It can then be leveled up to further increase the damage, which will also change its energy color (Blue - level 1, Purple - level 2, Red - level 3).
Kratos uses the Blade even after becoming the God of War, seen in God of War: Betrayal. However, during God of War II, it appears that Kratos is not wielding the Blade anymore. The sword makes no appearance in Ghost of Sparta, though the game takes place soon after God of War. It is likely that Artemis took The Blade back a while after the events of God of War.
God of WarEdit
- Sword Summon - Allows Kratos to switch to Blade of Artemis. L1 + R1
- Sword Sheath - Allows Kratos to switch to Blades of Chaos. L1 + R1
- Wrath of Artemis - Slow and powerful multi hitting attack. L1 + X
- Revenge of Artemis - Multi hit sword spin. L1 + square (Note: this same attack can be performed after pressing Square four times)
- Ascension of Artemis - Launches enemies and Kratos into the air. L1 + triangle (hold to follow the enemies in the air)
- Retribution of Artemis - Slam the Blade on the ground. Most powerful of all sword attacks. L1 + O (Note: this same attack can be performed by pressing Triangle in the air or after pressing O,O,O)
- Stab - Brutally dashes the Blade forward. Focus on a single enemy. R1 (Note: This attack isn't mentioned in the Blade's original combo list, but is included in the game)
- Increased Damage
- Increased Damage
- In God of War: Betrayal, the Blade of Artemis can be leveled up to level 5.
- Interestingly, using this blade in Betrayal depletes the magic bar, unlike in God of War where the weapon isn't fueled by magic.
- When Kratos fights the Doppelgängers, some of them can be seen wielding the Blade of Artemis.
- Also, when Kratos is equipped with this weapon, his Blades of Chaos aren't visible resting on his back, but they do appear in the cutscene where he receives the blade.
- When Artemis gives the blade to Kratos, she says that she used it "to slay a Titan". In actual Greek mythology, she slew a Giant, which are a different race from the Titans.
- Much like the Blades of Chaos and the Blades of Athena, the Blade of Artemis changes in shape as well as color when it is upgraded.
- Many common enemies will be mutilated if Kratos kills them with the Blade of Artemis. If he kills an Undead Legionnaire with it, for example, the top half of their body is chopped off. If he does the same with Minotaurs, they will be beheaded, and Harpies will have their wings torn. However, there are other enemies, such as Gorgons and Centaurs, that will not be mutilated, but will die normally.
- In God of War II, the Blade of Olympus mutilates weakened enemies the same way the Blade of Artemis does.
- In the original version of God of War, if Kratos mutilates an enemy and his combo is already of 10 hits or bigger, he will receive a bonus of 5 red orbs. Also, simply mutilating enemies usually gives more orbs than normally killing it.
- The dismemberment effect also occurs when using magic like Zeus' Fury and Poseidon's Rage while using the blade.
- A redesigned Blade of Artemis can be wielded in God of War: Ascension's multiplayer by entering a PSN code. The code will be provided to certain players by the launch.