Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Search your memory, Kratos! The sword which you stand upon delivered your victory against Ares. Without it, you will be the one who dies this day, not Ares!||”|
–Atropos to Kratos, upon revisiting the time he used the Blade.
The Blade of the Gods is a weapon forged by the gods that was hidden in Athens, used as a footbridge.
The Blade of the Gods was a bridge built of metal in the shape of an enormous sword, just outside Athens. It connected a giant statue of Athena with the Suicide Bluffs. Kratos crossed it on his way to the Sewers of Athens.
During his final battle with Ares, Kratos, who had been enlarged to gigantic size of a God through the power of Pandora's Box, picked up and used the bridge as an actual weapon (in lieu of the Blades of Chaos, which had been forcefully removed from his body) at the last moment to kill Ares and make himself the new God of War.
The blade appears dented and weary, apparently through the wear and tear of years passing.
In God of War II, Atropos, one of the Sisters of Fate, brought Kratos back in time to the fight between himself and Ares. There, Atropos attempted to destroy the sword, so that his past self couldn't use it against Ares, and he would then be the one who died instead of Ares, erasing the Kratos who was fighting Atropos from existence. He defeated her before she could destroy the sword and her plot failed. Before the battle the blade looks more complete than it did in God of War, only to receive its damaged appearance from the battle with Atropos. It might be possible that the blade is based off the Blade of Olympus, since it has similar designs.
In God of War III, the blade appears only in flashbacks and, along with the statue of Athena, in one of the shifting backgrounds in Kratos' psyche.
- Zeus' Gift - L1 + x
- Poseidon's Gift - L1+ Square
- Athena's Gift - L1 + Triangle
- Hades' Gift - L1 + O
- Apart from these special attacks, the standard square, triangle, circle and R1 attacks are almost exactly the same as the Blade of Artemis; including the blocking stance, etc.
- The Blade of the Gods is inferred to be a bit heavier in proportion to the Blade of Artemis, as Kratos swings it noticeably slower. However it could also be due to damage done to his arms when the Blades of Chaos were torn from his forearms.
- The blade is seen planted in the floor of the harbor in which Ares and Kratos fought, following the attempted suicide.