|“||You now wear the Boots of Hermes. Use their speed to your advantage.||”|
The Boots of Hermes are depicted as greaves with burning red wings on them. Kratos mercilessly amputates them out of the legs of their owner; the messenger god Hermes. These greaves allow Kratos to make a short dash forward, ramming through enemies and throwing them aside, as well as giving him the ability to run alongside walls. These walls are always marked with shining, golden bootprints.
When not in use, the wings on the side coil themselves around the boots.
They weren't among the scattered items at the end of God of War III, and could still be seen on Kratos's legs.
- Level 1 - n/a
- Level 2 - 2,500 Orbs
- 100% + Explosion
- Hermes Rush - Rush forward, slamming enemies into the air in slow motion. Press X at the end to jump up into the path of flying enemeis. L2 + X
- Hermes Dash (in air) - While airborn, evade your enemies R3
- Increased Damage
- Hermes Jest - Rush forward and slam into multiple enemies, knocking them into the air, and leaving a trail of fire that explodes. L2 + Hold X
- Kratos can use the boots in Mortal Kombat.
- In Greek mythology, the boots were sandals and the wings were attached to the heels. Unlike the boots in the game, which increased Hermes' speed, the sandals gave Hermes the ability to fly.
- The game PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will feature the boots as a usable item.
- In the Fear Nothing Trailer, Kratos uses the boots of Hermes to run alongside a rocky wall and attack a Centaur General, by jumping off the wall and hooking onto the Centaur General with The Blades of Athena. This way of attacking his enemies wasn't present in the final game.
- It is unknown to why he use the Blades of Athena as he was seen using the Nemean Cestus moments afterwards and his blades were destroyed before acquiring the Cestus as well as the Boots of Hermes.
- The boots are present as an item in God of War: Ascension's multiplayer, they speed up the movement of whoever wears them.