Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||You have gained the Bow of Apollo. It's fiery arrows will clear your path.||”|
The Bow of Apollo is the second weapon that Kratos acquires in God of War III, the first being the Blades of Exile. He obtains it after killing Peirithous, the mortal lover of Persephone, who has been imprisoned in the Underworld by Hades and condemned to spend all eternity trapped within a cage of brambles.
This item has similar moves to Typhon's Bane except that it uses fire instead of wind. It is strong against Harpies, Undead Legionnaires and Humans. The bow has two main firing modes; a rapid-fire mode in which Kratos can launch a flurry of arrows in rapid succession, or a power mode, where Kratos charges up the bow to release flaming shots. Instead of using magic it uses a separate bar that recharges after use. How Peirithous came into possession of the Bow of Apollo is currently unknown. It may be leveled up once for a damage increase. It is the only item which allows Kratos to directly burn dry brambles. The arrows from this bow seem to be unaffected by gravity, unlike the arrows from the soldiers of Olympus . The Bow ends up destroyed by Zeus along with the rest of Kratos' equipment excluding the Blades of Exile, Boots of Hermes and the Blade of Olympus.
- Level 1 - n/a
- Level 2 - 2,500 Orbs
- Flame Burst - Fire a flaming arrow, arrows are quite weak but can be fired at an incredibly fast rate L2 + square
- Fiery Inferno - Hold Square to build up energy for a powerful flaming arrow that can scorch your foes. L2 + Hold square
- Increased Damage
- Reduced Cost for Charged Attacks
- The sides of Apollo's Bow resemble snakes, referencing Apollo's battle with Python.
- The Bow of Apollo appears as one of Kratos' weapons in Mortal Kombat 9 and in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.