In the God of War series, Kratos will find Chests all throughout his quests. There are several different types of chests, which then yield different things when opened.
Types of ChestsEdit
- Item Chest: a type of Magical chest found in all of the God of War series. It appears "unmarked" without any particular color glowing on top. When Kratos opens it, he may receive a Gorgon Eye, Phoenix Feather, or a certain amount of Red, Green, or Gold Orbs. In God of War II, some hidden chests contain Urns of Power. In God of War III and God of War: Ghost of Sparta, they appear as Gaia chests (Gold chests).
- Red Orb Chest: releases Red Orbs.
- Green Orb Chest: releases Green Orbs.
- Blue Orb Chest: releases Blue Orbs.
- Gold Orb Chest: releases Gold Orbs (only found in God of War II).
- Combination Chest: flashes between green and blue. Opening it on a certain color will release either magic (blue) or health (green). In God of War II, some of them flash between gold and blue.
- Gaia Chest: three hidden chests on the Island of Creation, which grant about 4,000 red orbs, a health upgrade, and a magic upgrade, respectively.
- White Chest: only present in God of War III, and contain a combination of either red and green orbs, or red and blue orbs.
- Wooden Chest: they contain items like World Serpent Scales and Hacksilver.
- Stone Chest: they contain items like gear, Solid Svartalfheim Steel and Symbols for sockets.
- Runic Chest: they contain items like Runic Attacks.
- Legendary Chest: they contain items like Cipher of Muspelheim and Cipher of Nifleim.
- Nornir Chest: these are locked using magic. They contain items like Horns of Blood Mead and Idunn Apples
A collection of Red Orb chests, found in God of War III
From left to right; a Blue Orb chest, a treasure chest containing a Minotaur Horn, and a Green Orb chest
Green orb chest in God of War III
From top to bottom; Gaia's Gifts