An Easter Egg is an unlockable feature found in most video games.
Easter Eggs Throughout the SeriesEdit
God of WarEdit
- An Easter Egg causes the phrase "Surrender Kratos" to appear in the sky outside the Temple of the Oracle.
- Another Easter Egg can be found by destroying the Statue of Ares and the Statue of Pandora's Guardian within Kratos' Throne Room on Mount Olympus. Destroying both will reveal a secret message.
- Another secret message can be unlocked by beating the game on God Mode.
God of War IIEdit
- An Easter Egg causes the phrase "Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." to appear in the sky. This is a reference to the Bhagavad Gita.
- By achieving a 999,999 hit combo, the player will see a secret website url appear onscreen.
- In the Inner Sanctum there is a door that has three men following a star. A reference to the story of the Three Wise Men from Christian theology.
God of War IIIEdit
- By gaining the platinum trophy, the website www.spartansstandtall.com will appear.
The site was used to announces the next PSP game; Ghost of Sparta.
- In the cutscene after the battle with Hermes, Kratos can be seen slapping a fly that landed on his chest. This scene is most likely included to invoke a humorous moment, instead of the brutality and violence throughout the series.