An Easter Egg is an unlockable feature found in most video games.
Easter Eggs Throughout the SeriesEdit
God of war ascension
- cistern painting solution-
God of WarEdit
- An Easter Egg causes the phrase "Surrender Kratos" to appear in the sky outside the Temple of the Oracle.
- Another Easter Egg can be found by destroying the Statue of Ares and the Statue of Pandora's Guardian within Kratos' Throne Room on Mount Olympus. Destroying both will reveal a secret message.
- Another secret message can be unlocked by beating the game on God Mode.
Ghost of SpartaEdit
- The Wilhelm Scream is heard once again during the first Cyclops battle.
God of War IIEdit
- An Easter Egg causes the phrase "Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." to appear in the sky. This is a reference to the Bhagavad Gita.
- By achieving a 999,999 hit combo, the player will see a secret website url appear onscreen.
- In the Inner Sanctum there is a door that has three men following a star. A reference to the story of the Three Wise Men who were looking for the star of Bethlehem.
God of War IIIEdit
- By gaining the platinum trophy, the website www.spartansstandtall.com will appear.
The site was used to announce the next PSP game; Ghost of Sparta.
- The famous Wilhelm Scream is heard in the opening cutscene after beginning a new game, where monsters are fighting on a bridge.
- In the Underworld Kratos can find numerous letters written by different characters in the series, however one in particular will catch players' eyes. "He could have saved me. He held my life in his hand, and still he let go. I may have been just a mere boat captain, but he treated me as if I was nothing! He is to blame for my torment here! I hope he suffers in Hades as I have. Damn that Ghost of Sparta!" This is an obvious reference to the Captain Kratos drops down the Hydra King's mouth after getting the key in the first God of War game, and he later reappears in God of War II as a soul.
- During the three Judges area in Hades, you might find a secret note written by a young soul it says that she miss her family and her father did not protect her. The judges told her to go to Elisyum. This is a reference to Calliope, Kratos's daughter.