The Efreet (also ifrit, afreet, afrit, or afrite, Arabic (male) ʿifrīt/عفريت or Arabic (female) ʿifrītah/عفريتة) was a demonic fire spirit from Arabian mythology.
It was classified as being an evil type of Djinn or Genie, from a class of infernal jinn (spirits below the level of angels and devils) noted for their strength and cunning. Furthermore, mythology depicted an ifrit as an enormous creature of fire and smoke, either male or female, who lives underground and frequents ruins.
In God of War: Chains of OlympusEdit
As soon became evident to Kratos, the Persian King apparently had the ability to summon the Efreet. Kratos took this power from him, after having defeating the king at Attica. When used, it unleashed the fire spirit which attacked all surrounding enemies. It could also be leveled up, to increase the damage it does, and to receive new abilities. its unclear what happened to it after the Chains of Olympus or why Kratos stopped using it.
- Level 1 - N/A
- Level 2 - 3,500 Orbs
- Level 3 - 10,000 Orbs
- Demon Fury - The fiery Efreet slams the ground, burning enemies in a wide radius. R + triangle
- Demon Fury (Air) - Slam into the ground from the air, burning enemies in a wide radius. R + triangle
- Demon Inferno - After slamming the ground, rapidly tap circle to burn enemies for more damage. R + triangle, tap circle
- Demon Rage - Upon performing Demon Fury or Demon Inferno, the Efreet will end the attack with a final slam that does fire damage to all enemies within a massive radius. R + triangle
- Although the Efreet was a creature from Arabian mythology, the Persian King was able to summon it to aid him in God of War: Chains of Olympus. It should be noted, however, that the Persian empire conquered most of the North-Eastern Arab territories centuries ago. As such, it is highly likely that the Persian King captured the Efreet during one of his conquests of Arabia, just like he was able to bring the Basilisk with his fleet to invade Attica, even if the Basilisk was in fact a creature from Greek, Roman, and Medieval European mythology, seeing as the Persians invaded Greece on several occasions.
- The Efreet is the first power acquired by Kratos that does not come from the Greek pantheon.