Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||And from that point forward, throughout the rest of time, whenever men rode forth to battle for good cause or for evil, they did so under the watchful eye of the man who had defeated a god. They were driven forward by Kratos, the mortal who had become the new, God of War...||”|
The God of War is the title held by a warrior who is godly unmatched in battle tactics, having combat skill equating to that of a godlike being.
God of War SeriesEdit
The title was first held by Ares, who was killed and overthrown by Kratos. Later Kratos would become a god himself, but after he was (apparently) killed by Zeus, there was no one else to take the title of God of War.
The ability to set massive armies on fire, giving them protective abilities of fire, and destroy entire cities on a whim are just some of these abilities. Other abilities would include immortality and invincibility, absorption, elemental power, reality warping, flight, pyrokinesis, telepathy, telekinesis, enhanced senses, mastery of any weapon,dimensional manipulation, immunity against disease, teleportation, regeneration, absolute strength, absolute agility,absolute stamina, absolute durability, granting powers, shapeshifting, conjuration of powerful magical weapons, summoning, magic and energy projection.
The power to grow to the size of a Titan is also another power demonstrated by both Gods of War. Zeus also showed this power, meaning it is not just limited to the God of War. The God of War is so powerful that they are almost on par with the three main gods: Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades.
- All gods of war (including goddesses) have rebelled against the rule of Zeus, as Ares threatened the Gods of Olympus in God of War, Kratos fought Zeus himself in God of War II and III, and Athena aided Kratos in God of War III.
- Out of all the God of War, Kratos was the most powerful and fearsome one, since he had the powers of Pandora's box, the powers of the God of War that belonged to Ares, and plenty of weapons and magic from the other gods and the knowledge to use the godly powers by Athena after the death of his brother. This was proven by Zeus being the only one to interfere, not before trying to convince Athena to do so due to the latter being the closest divinity to Kratos, and certainly the only one that he would not want to harm.
- It is interesting to notice that in the first God of War game ending, it infers that Kratos is the god of war until today, as screenshots from battles in the Crusades, the American Civil War, World Wars I and II, and war in modern times, are shown. But, as one can see on the sequel, Kratos' reign was cut short by Zeus. This may have been because the developers did not know whether they would make a sequel (of that kind, because the sequel was clear, the plot of that sequel was not the clear matter), could have been future images of what might have been, or could very well be true, given the implication that Kratos survived his apparent suicide at the end of God of War 3.
- In the God of War novel, it could also be explained by this reason. Kratos saw destiny as it would be, but when he died, he rebelled against Olympus by refusing to stay in the Underworld thus changing his fate (or more accurately, earning a new one because his death was not avoided, it was just he was still alive) and then making the process to regain his powers, not avoiding death but instead gaining a new life from that point. Since Kratos altered fate in that point, all the events and connections that should have been were erased (Hercules was a descendant of Perseus, so Kratos by killing Perseus changed his fate) and thus, those wars predicted never existed (at least, those wars have not existed within the rule of gods)
- It is interesting to note that a god of war has died at the ending of every God of War game in the main series. Ares in God of War, Athena in God of War II and Kratos seemingly in God of War III. But Kratos somehow survived the attempt on his own life and eventually had a son.