Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||This vile creature's gaze turns enemies to stone.||”|
After Kratos battles Euryale within her temple, he finally kills her by slicing off her head. Upon doing that, he can then use it to turn enemies to stone. The larger the enemy, the longer it takes to turn it to stone.
Unlike the first God of War, where Kratos used Medusa' Gaze, this power is also effective against other Gorgons. By leveling up the head, one increases its freezing power, and also obtain new abilities for it.
- Level 1 - n/a
- Level 2 - 4,000 Orbs
- Level 3 - 8,000 Orbs
- Gorgon Stare - Hold L2 and then hold square until the enemy in your sight turns to stone. L2 + hold square
- Gorgon Stare (Air) - While airborne, hold L2 and then hold square until the enemy in your sight turns to stone. L2 + hold square
- Gorgon Stare Upgrade
- Gorgon Flash - Hold L2 and then press triangle to turn enemies to stone with a single glance; (most big enemies take only two shots). L2 + triangle
- Gorgon Flash (Air) - While airborne, hold L2 and then press triangle to turn enemies to stone with a single glance; (most big enemies take only two shots). L2 + triangle
- Gorgon Stare Upgrade
- Gorgon Blast - Hold L2 and then press circle to let loose a surge of Euryale's magic that can stone multiple enemies. L2 + O
- Gorgon Blast (Air) - While airborne, hold L2 and then press circle to let loose a surge of Euryale's magic that can stone multiple enemies. L2 + O
- Gorgon Rage - While holding L2, hold circle and then release to turn all surrounding enemies into stone. L2 + hold O
- Interestingly, when Kratos holds out the Head of Eurayle, the snakes that make up her hair continue to writhe. This is also the case with Medusa's head, it is possible that the snakes are not directly connected to the heads and so can survive without them.
- The icon for the magic is almost the same as Medusa's Gaze, but is wider in the head, just like Euryale's head is in comparison to Medusa's.
- When Rage of the Titans is activated, Euryale's head becomes red.
- There is a glitch with the head that gives Kratos a brief window of invulnerability after drawing it (with L2). This can be used tactically to avoid heavy hits and, if perfectly timed, the ability to never get hit. This is also the case with Typhon's Bane.
- Euryale's head appears in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, however it is incorrectly named Medusa's Gaze.
- There is an unnamed Gorgon head in Bit of War, it may be the Head of Euryale considering the time period in which the game was set.