Immortals are beings that are immune to weapons and any kind of damage that would easily kill mortals and magical beings. Gods and certain magical creatures are immortal, unable to die by the passage of time, immune to all human and supernatural diseases, and able to survive damage that would easily destroy a mortals. It must be noted however a sufficient injury from certain sources can still kill them.
In the God of War SeriesEdit
Many Immortal beings are encountered through the God of War series, including Gods and Titans. However, being Immortal in the God of War universe means only safety from natural death. Due to their eternal life span, gods and Titans could only be killed by either another Immortal being, a Demigod, the power of Pandora's Box, the Blade of Olympus, the Gauntlet of Zeus or the Blade of the Gods. This meant even Zeus could effectively be killed.
The more powerful the Immortal, the more difficult it proved to kill that person. Zeus, for instance, survived multiple stab wounds inflicted using the Blade of Olympus, while the numerous undead soldiers fought by Kratos fell by the dozens to almost any weapon he used.
The majority of the immortal beings in the series are listed below:
- Primordials: Ancient deities that created the Earth and universe, thought to be the most powerful of the immortal beings, predating the Titans and Gods.
- Titans: The ancient race which gave birth to the gods.
- Gods: Previous rulers of the world, powerful and immortal beings.
- Medusa, Euryale and Stheno: The three Gorgon sisters, were immortal.
- Sisters of Fate: The ancient Sisters of Fate, Atropos, Lahkesis, and Clotho, were immortal.
- The Furies: Goddesses of vengeance that came to being after the great battle of the primordials, Megaera, Alecto, and Tisiphone were immortal.
- Ambrosia's users:
- Although unable to die because of their servitude to their masters, the undead are mistakenly thought to be Immortal. Whilst they too cannot die through common means, the undead are not thought of as Immortals, since Immortals cannot die, and the undead have died once before. Charon is the most notable of all undead characters.