Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||A painful symbol of his own terrible bond as the Oath Keeper of the Furies. This stone allowed Orkos to be in two places at once.||”|
The Oath Stone of Orkos is an item used by Kratos and Orkos in God of War: Ascension. This large orange stone has the power to create a clone of the wielder seemingly made entirely of a black, slime-like energy with orange markings. When Orkos uses it, the orange markings are in the pattern of his many scars/former Oath Stone points; when Kratos uses it, the markings imitate his red tattoos.
Orkos used the stone several times during his servitude to the Furies, as well as to save Kratos from being captured by them atop the Statue of Apollo at Delos. Following this, Orkos gave his Oath Stone to Kratos in hopes that he could use it to find another path to the Eyes of Truth. Later on, Kratos used the Oath Stone to escape Alecto's black slime trap, allowing him to engage her and Tisiphone in battle.
The Oath Stone of Orkos can be controlled by pressing L2 + Triangle. Its function changes depending on when it is used.
Out of combat, Kratos's clone imitates the pose he was in when he used the stone. This allows it to hold down certain switches and pressure plates while Kratos himself goes elsewhere.
In combat, Kratos can summon a clone of himself to perform several rage attacks, disappearing after every attack and re-appearing close to an enemy to repeat the attack. In this situation, the Oath Stone requires a period of time to recharge between uses.
- Level 1 - n/a
- Level 2 - 5,000 Orbs
- Shadow Rampage - L2 + Triangle, the clone disappears by pressing again L2+Triangle.
- Shadow Rampage (Combat) - a shadow double spawns from Kratos and seeks out enemies to destroy L2+Triangle (Air)
- Increased Shadow Rampage Time
- Decreased Cool-down Time
- The Oath Stone of Orkos was formerly known as Shadow Double.
- It was the only item in God of War: Ascension that never belonged to Oracle Aletheia.
- The Oath Stone of Orkos bears some physical resemblance to the cocoon form of Impus, an antagonist in Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue.