After killing the Gods, plagues, and other events occur, depending on what the god personified, as well as which evil infected them when Kratos first opened Pandora's Box. Some of the plagues bear similarities to the Ten Plagues of Egypt (pestilence for example), and end up wiping out the bulk of humanity. The plague that followed after Poseidon's death might have been the Great Flood that was part of the story of Noah and the Ark.
List of EventsEdit
The following lists all of the changes (whether confirmed plagues or not) that occurred in the God of War Series after a god's death;
- The Furies: A short burst of black goo that destroys Alecto's Chamber, along with all the oath stones
- Charon: Souls of the Dead are unable to cross the Styx and Acheron Rivers.
- Persephone: A massive green light erupts from her body in a small explosion that destroyed the Pillar of the World, and combined with Kratos chaining him in place earlier, curses Atlas to forever hold the world on his shoulders.
- Ares: A massive explosion, somewhat resembling a nuclear bomb's mushroom-cloud shape ensued upon his death. This may or may not have brought peace and ended war in some form if Kratos had not immediately replaced him as the new God of War.
- Thanatos: A bright white explosion erupts from his body after his death. It is later revealed by the Gravedigger, though the exact meaning is unknown, that Kratos became "Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.".
- Athena: Like Persephone, a bright green light erupts from her body upon death, with unknown consequences.
- Poseidon: A cataclysmic tidal wave rose from the sea, engulfing all but the highest of mountaintops in water.
- Hades: The dead escape the Underworld, and wander aimlessly.
- Helios: Rain clouds blotted out the sun, plunging the world into darkness, and never-ending rain, thunderstorms, and tornadoes.
- Hermes: Bacteria-carrying insects swarmed out of his evaporating body, causing pestilence and disease outbreaks on Olympus and possibly the world, therefore commonly referred to as the Plague of Olympus.
- Hera: Caused all plant life on Olympus, and presumably the world, to die.
- Zeus: Released a powerful lightning explosion into the heavens, plunging the world into utter chaos.
- Kratos: While no longer a god, he had been the former God of War; due to having it with him since killing Ares, upon his death he released the power of Hope into the world, ending the Age of Gods.