Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Let the Rage of the Gods drive your blades, Kratos||”|
God of WarEdit
Once it is obtained, there will be an icon in the bottom corner of the screen that appears as a Spartan helmet. The "plume" of the helmet is the Rage of the Gods meter. Once the meter is totally full (Athena usually tells Kratos when it is), press L3 and R3 at once to activate the Rage of the Gods. Kratos will become "supercharged" with power, his attacks will do far greater damage, and he will not be knocked back by enemy attacks. Once activated, the power will last until the meter is completely drained, and after that, the meter can be refilled by successfully fighting and defeating enemies.
By leveling up the Blades of Chaos, the Rage of the Gods' effects become greater and it also gains new abilities. Rage of the Gods can only be activated when the meter is completely full, and once activated, cannot be turned off, so it must be used wisely.
God of War: AscensionEdit
The ability is also present in God of War: Ascension, but the rage ability has a very different mechanism than in the first game. Instead of slowly charging and being always available (with the condition that the meter must be charged at some point), on Ascension, the rage meter gets filled by hitting enemies, which is way faster, but it loses the charge in a short amount of time if Kratos stop fighting and killing enemies. Being hit by enemies will also make the meter loose charge at each attack.
The ability is summoned the same way that it was on previous games, but it has different effects, depending of the elemental power used along with the Blades of Chaos. It can be upgraded to make the meter double its size, and increase the power used.
Every elemental power has its own Rage of the Gods attack, a move that uses the whole rage meter to be performed, and requires it to be full to be used. The special moves of each elemental power (L1+Square and L1+Triangle) are also enhanced while the Rage is on, having their powers increased and even performing extra attacks in some cases. Some attacks of the Blades of Chaos can only be used when the rage meter is full, as well.
God of War
- God Mode Activate - Depress Left Analog Stick and Right Analog Stick to activate Rage of the Gods. (Requires Level 2 Blades of Chaos) L3 + R3
- Tempest of the Fates - Powerful space clearing attack. (Requires Level 4 Blades of Chaos) Square, square, hold square
- Athena's Blessing - Kratos receives infinite magic while Rage of the Gods is active. (Requires Level 5 Blades of Chaos)
God of War: Ascension
- Rage of Ares - Rage of the Gods move of the elemental power Fire of Ares.
- Immovable Blast - Rage of the Gods move of the elemental power Ice of Poseidon.
- Blinding Rage - Rage of the Gods move of the elemental power Lightning of Zeus.
- Army of Hades - Rage of the Gods move of the elemental power Soul of Hades.
- In God of War, when the Rage of the Gods is active, the raging lightning/energy that engulfs Kratos appears to also give him the appearance of wearing certain pieces of armor. For example, the energy forms the plume of a Spartan helmet, which can be seen in the meter which measures the Rage of the Gods, across the top of Kratos' head.
- This is the only Rage that cannot be turned off once activated (God of War).
- In the other hand, in God of War: Ascension, if not used immediately, the ability will not be available until the meter is charged again.
- Rage of the Gods is the first Rage power to reappear in another God of War game instead of having a new Rage meter introduced in the series. However, the only things that the Rages of the Gods from God of War and Ascension have in common are their names and the fact they are connected to the Blades of Chaos.