|“||Let the Rage of the Gods drive your blades, Kratos||”|
Once it is obtained, there will be an icon in the bottom corner of the screen that appears as a Spartan helmet. The "plume" of the helmet is the Rage of the Gods meter. Once the meter is totally full (Athena will tell Kratos when it is), press L3 and R3 at once to activate the Rage of the Gods. Kratos will become "supercharged" with power, his attacks will do far greater damage, and he will not be knocked back by enemy attacks (he will still take damage, although much less). Once activated, the power will last until the meter is completely drained, and after that, the meter can be refilled by successfully fighting and defeating enemies.
By leveling up the Blades of Chaos, the Rage of the Gods' effects become greater and it also gains new abilities. Rage of the Gods can only be activated when the meter is completely full, and once activated, cannot be turned off, so it must be used wisely.
- God Mode Activate - Depress Left Analog Stick and Right Analog Stick to activate Rage of the Gods. (Requires Level 2 'Blades of Chaos) L3 + R3
- Tempest of the Fates - Powerful space clearing attack. (Requires Level 4 Blades of Chaos) Square, square, hold square
- Athena's Blessing - Kratos receives infinite magic while Rage of the Gods is active. (Requires Level 5 Blades of Chaos)
- While Rage of the Gods is active, the raging lightning/energy that engulfs Kratos appears to also give him the appearance of wearing certain pieces of armor. For example, the energy forms the plume of a Spartan helmet, which can be seen in the meter which measures the Rage of the Gods, across the top of Kratos' head.
- This is the only Rage that cannot be turned off once activated.