Runic Attacks are special weapon skills that can be equipped by Kratos in God of War. Each weapon has two available runic slots, one for light attacks and the second for heavy attacks. Each Runic Attack can be leveled up to increase their damage and effectiveness.
Runic Attacks consist levels physical damage, elemental damage, and stun attached to each attack. There are different attack types such as area attacks, line attacks, and melee attacks. Runic Attacks are limited by cooldowns.
The Leviathan is a two-handed war axe that is Kratos' main offensive weapon in God of War. The axe channels the frost element.
Light Runic AttacksEdit
- Njörd’s Tempest – A rapidly spinning melee attack that clears out surrounding enemies and deals significant damage.
- Fury of the Ice Troll - A quick radial shockwave attack that slows enemies and sends them flying back.
- Tyr’s Revenge – A powerful spinning attack against a single target, with a follow-up attack that slams the enemy to the ground.
- Leviathan’s Wake - A powerful axe throw that plows through any enemies on its path.
- Charge of the White Bear – A quick, propulsive dash attack with a follow-up strike. Kratos is protected during the dash.
- Wrath of the Frost Ancient – A powerful ice beam that slows all enemies on contact.
- Strike of the Utgard – A wide-arcing attack that inflicts a moderate amount of Frost damage.
- Hel’s Touch - An extremely quick burst of energy that interrupts and knocks back all nearby enemies.
Heavy Runic AttacksEdit
- Thiazi’s Talon – A propulsive slice attack that launches a small, vertical wave that inflicts medium Frost damage.
- Ivaldi’s Anvil – A devastating area-of-effect attack that freezes all enemies caught in the blast radius.
- Mists of Helheim - A lingering area-of-effect attack that creates a small hazard that inflicts FROST damage to all enemies inside.
- Frost Giant’s Frenzy - 3 powerful slam attacks that launch enemies and then sends them flying.
- Blessings of the Frost – Activate to temporarily power up the Leviathan Axe with small explosions of Frost damage on every hit and slight bonus to Runic and normal attacks.
- The River of Knives – A destructive attack that sends out a line of ice shards that inflict Frost damage and launch enemies into the air upon contact.
- Glaive Storm –Throw the Leviathan Axe towards any nearby targets, automatically seeking out, hitting, and inflicting Frost damage to any enemies caught in its path.
- Breath of Thamur – A massive area-of-effect attack that deals damage to all enemies within an extremely large area.
The Blades of Chaos are blades imbued with the power of the Underworld, a relic from Kratos' past. The blades channel the burn element.
Light Runic AttacksEdit
- Cyclone of Chaos – A circling sweep attack that clears out all nearby enemies.
- Nemean Crush – A massive shockwave attack that sends all enemies flying back.
- Rampage of the Furies – A robust flurry attack that ends in a powerful slam.
- Rage of the Titans - A rapid blade attack that ends in a devastating swipe that launches enemies into the air.
- Icarus Storm – A spinning attack that hits all enemies along its path.
- Wrath of Artemis – A slash attack that protects Kratos by pushing away all nearby enemies.
- Blast of Hephaestus - A quick, fiery blast of energy that inflicts a small amount of BURN damage.
- Spartan Charge – A dash attack that slams enemies with a fiery shield and inflicts a small amount of BURN damage.
Heavy Runic AttacksEdit
- Tartarus Rage – A destructive slam attack that hits enemies with 2 Blade slams.
- Prometheus Flame - A deadly slam attack that creates a small tear under up to 4 enemies before summoning a large pillar of flame beneath them.
- Hyperion Slam – A massive slam attack that causes a destructive explosion
- Hyperion Grapple – Tosses the Blades of Chaos towards an enemy and on contact, launches Kratos towards them to inflict a large amount of STUN damage.
- Meteoric Slam – A powerful slam attack that rains down fire in a wide arc, inflicting heavy BURN damage.
- Fire of Ares -- A powerful runic attack that lets out one (or three if upgraded) fire shockwaves that deal heavy BURN damage.
- Gift of Apollo - Temporarily enhance the Blades of Chaos so that every hit gives Kratos a small amount of Health.
A hunting bow crafted for Atreus by his mother. The bow is capable of summoning various spectral animals that assist Kratos in combat.
- Wrath of the Wolf – Summons a spectral wolf that pounces on enemies 3 times.
- Falcon’s Dive – Summons a cast of spectral falcons that dive into the ground.
- Bitter Squirrel – Summons a spectral squirrel, Ratatöskr, to unearth consumables. You get "Healthstones" if Atreus has equipped the Light Arrows and "Ragestones" if he has Shock Arrows equipped.
- Boar Stampede – Summons a stampede of spectral boars that trample enemies in their path.
- Murder of Crows – Summons a murder of crows that swarms enemies.
- Storm of the Elks — Summons a spectral elk that discharges destructive energy as it walks.
- The Heavy Runic Attack "Fire of Ares" for the Blades of Chaos are based on the Fire of Ares magic from God of War: Ascension.
- In the E3 Trailer, one of Runic Attacks is Ivaldi's Anvil shown where the Troll attack Kratos.