Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Double edged and two-faced, this sword brings the destruction of Ares' legions.||”|
|“||A powerful chain based sword, designed to rival the Blades of Chaos.||”|
The Sword has many pointy parts to slice the enemy with more effectiveness and, as mentioned above, it's double edged. It also has the image of a soldier's helm on its hilt, whose eyes glow red.
This is a weapon for ranged combat that can deliver multiple hits to enemies in a single moment. However, most of its attacks are blockable (excluding the final blow of Battlefield Snare), and players must time them precisely to avoid being parried. The superior range of the blade even allows it to attack multiple enemies at once, usually knocking them away in the final blow. Each attack of the Sword of Ares is an onslaught capable of slaying opponents in a swift and fierce fashion.
- War God's Ascension: A chained-based spinning physical attack with massive range. L1 + Square
- Battlefield snare: A powerful physical attack with superior range, capable of stunning, launching and bouncing enemies. After level up: Final slam now applies burn on enemies. L1 + Triangle
- Rank 1 - n/a
- Rank 2 - 15,000 XP
- Rank 3 - 45,000 XP
- Rank 1 - +9% Physical Power; +2% Cooldown Reduction
- Rank 2 - +10% Physical Power; +3% Cooldown Reduction
- Rank 3 - +11% Physical Power; +4% Cooldown Reduction
Godly War Sword of AresEdit
- Rank 1 - n/a
- Rank 2 - 35,000 XP
- Rank 3 - 85,000 XP
- Rank 1 - +10% Physical Power; +4% Cooldown Reduction
- Rank 2 - +11% Physical Power; +5% Cooldown Reduction
- Rank 3 - +12% Physical Power; +6% Cooldown Reduction
- Judging by the secondary description, it's possible that Ares created this weapon for one of his warriors to fight and defeat Kratos, the main (and only known) user of the Blades of Chaos.
- The attacks of this sword are indeed very similar to some of the Blades of Chaos' most popular moves:
- War God's Ascension resembles the Cyclone of Chaos, specially its first version seen in the first game (although it's actually just another version of the spinning attack recycled from many other swords in Multiplayer).
- Battlefield Snare strongly resembles the Spirit of Hercules.
|Multiplayer Ares Equipment|
|Swords:||Blade of Ares | Sword of Ares|
|Hammers:||War Hammer of Ares | Maul of Ares | The War Hammer of Olympus|
|Spears:||Spear of Ares | Lance of Ares|
|Gauntlets:||Gauntlets of Ares | Cestus of Ares|
|Battle Armor of Ares | Fury Armor | War Armor of Ares | Olympus Armor of Ares|