|“||Stolen from the Oracle Aletheia by the Prophet Castor, this Amulet's gem can show the life and death of an object.||”|
The Amulet does not exist in Mythology, but Ouroboros is an ancient Greek symbol, used specially in alchemy.
The symbol is a serpent or dragon that bites its own tail. It represents eternity, evolution (turning back to itself), movement, continuity, self-fertilization and, consequently, eternal return.
God of War: AscensionEdit
The Amulet belonged to Oracle Aletheia but was stolen by the false prophet Castor and his brother Pollux. Kratos challenged them to a duel and killed them, before claiming the amulet for himself. He tried to heal the mortally wounded Aletheia with it, but she told him that it couldn't heal her wounds, thus leaving her to die peacefully, but not before telling Kratos the plans of the Furies and the way to the Statue of Apollo. Granting the ability to decay buildings or rebuilding them, he can use the amulet to solve many puzzles through the game.
The ability is used in the island of Delos to reconstruct a structure previously destroyed by Alecto, and is capable of rebuilding enormous structures, reversing and fast forwad time and space, like the Statue of Apollo and large sections of the Hecatonchires. When activated, the area being rebuilt glows green. When using it to rebuild something that was previously broken, Kratos must get close to the object he wants to heal/decay until a green glow appears above his head and use the ability to make the broken pieces float in the correct places for him to proceed and also kratos can using this amulet to make reverse point where he can stoping the space and object to solve the puzzle the example like water wheel. In the first demo of the game, he needed to stay in a green circle to manipulate the object with the Amulet. This amulet also can aging and de-aging object and creatures like castor and pollux de-aging himself
The Amulet can also be used in combat: if the green beam hits an enemy, the said enemy will be slowed down, and may levitate for a few seconds, thus losing the ability to attack, therefore leaving it open to combos. This power is specially useful when used against big enemies, like Elemental Talos (when they're not invincible): if they are slowed down a moment before they perform a strong attack, the attack will be canceled and they'll be left open to combos from Kratos for a short time. Some bosses can also be slowed down, but their attacks won't be canceled.
- Level 1 - n/a
- Level 2 - 5,000 Orbs
- Certain destiny - Hold Down L1 and press O to Target objects. Then Hold down L2 and move R Analog - Right to heal, and Left to decay objects.
- Certain destiny (Air) - kratos shoots out a blast of energy that decays enemies.
- Increased Area of Effect
- Decreased Cool-down Time
- This new magic/relic has a very similar color and effect to the Amulet of the Fates from God of War II, as it is also a temporal ability with a green beam.
- It was formerly known as the Life Cycle.
- The Item makes an appearance in the Rise of the Warrior webseries, under the name of Gem of Uruborus.
- As stated above, the symbol of Ouroboros is a serpent that bites its own tail. It makes sense that it's kept in Dephi, location of the most important Oracle Temple in Greece and where the most famous serpent of Mythology, Python, was killed and was still much worshiped.
- The giant snake structures in Delphi were made to travel through many poinst of it until all of them would finally get to the Tower of Delphi. There, each mechanic serpent would bite a lever like structure and then spin it, spinning all around the tower, which is circular, until finally getting to the top of it. The way they do this is very similar to Ouroboros itself and it's probably another reference from the game.
- its possible this amulet can make him to teleport, healing people/animal, shoot energy time beam, and turn old peoples/animals/plants/objects into younger and vice versa