|“||It has been long since our kind waited for the one destined to free us. Gaia foretold of our salvation, Ghost of Sparta.||”|
|Family Member/s:||*Ouranos (father) †|
|Location:||Volcanic mountain outside Atlantis|
|Behind the Scenes|
|Voiced by:||Dee Dee Rescher|
|Appears in:||God of War: Ghost of Sparta|
God of War: Ghost of SpartaEdit
Thera was a lava titan imprisoned inside the volcanic mountain outside of Atlantis by Poseidon. She appears to be the core of the volcanic activity within the mountain. There, Kratos was informed by her that his arrival was foretold by Gaia. Pleading to be released, Thera threatened Kratos that should he avoid her, they would both remain prisoners of their own torments.
Kratos hurled his blades into Thera's chest, thus receiving the power of Thera's Bane. This act also set Thera free, who then started tearing down her chains as Kratos left the chamber, leaving destruction in her wake. As the volcano erupted, she was seen rising out of her captivity in the distance, yet her final fate remains unknown.
It´s likely that Thera, along with the other Titans, joined Kratos in his assault against the gods and was killed during the battle.
- In God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Thera is voiced by Dee Dee Rescher.
- Thera is the third female Titan identified in the God of War series, the first being Gaia, Titan Goddess of the Earth, and the second being Rhea, the mother of Zeus.
- Thera is an original character in the game as the Titan since Thera does not exist in Greek mythology.
- The name Thera is actually the name of Santorini volcano which is to say that the eruption had destroyed the Minoan civilization, which according to some researchers, could have been the Atlantis described by Plato. This island was also the home of Poseidon's champion, Herodius, whom was killed by Kratos, during their search for the Ambrosia of Asclepius.
- Thera is the first person to mention Gaia just as Thanatos was the first to mention the Sisters of Fate. These characters would later appear in God of War 2 and play a huge role.